From a business owner’s perspective, SMS marketing is a hole in one.
Is this mobile communication method all it’s really cracked up to be? If you’re asking us, we say “yes, of course.” But, if you want more solid proof, then try it for yourself.
Ready to get started?
Here’s some first steps.
- After signing up for your free (or paid) plan, go ahead and select your textword. Remember, your textword should be easy to remember, and a direct reflection of your business.
- Next, set up your auto reply. In your auto reply, be sure to include details about redeeming your opt in incentive.
- Finally, schedule out your first campaign.
- After your campaign sends, go back through and review your detailed analytics.
- Make any necessary changes, and continue to fire out regular, valued loaded offers.
Above all else, make sure your SMS marketing efforts reflect the following principles.
One of the biggest SMS marketing no nos? Offer duplication across multiple platforms. Don’t send out an awesome 30% off promo code to your list, and then post that same code on your Facebook page.
If your offers don’t line up with what the subscribers really want, you’re wasting time and missing out on an awesome opportunity.
Stay consistent with your offer schedule. For example, if you find subscribers responding well to Wednesday afternoon campaigns, send out a promo every Wednesday. They will know when to expect your offers, and then can act accordingly.
Partner with an SMS marketing service that makes your growth and success inevitable. Give us a buzz at 1.800.688.6290 to learn more, or visit our pricing page and sign up for a free plan. Our feature rich platform walks you through the SMS marketing basics, and helps you understand best compliance and campaign composition techniques.
Want to learn more?
Check out our Beginner’s Guide to SMS Marketing. This easy to read handbook schools you on some of the basics, such as picking a textword, creating a good auto reply…and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.