SMS marketing can appear confusing, especially to the new business owner or marketing professional. As with any other method, mastering this tactic takes time and dedication. Invest in education, and watch as list growth and offer redemption soars. If you fail to follow SMS marketing best practices, you’ll struggle to get a solid return on your investment.
Although this is one of the most affordable and immediate mobile communication methods, you can only reap the benefits if you understand how it works. The team at Slicktext.com, top SMS marketing provider, recently created this infographic to outline the basics of SMS communication. While reviewing this infographic, keep the following in mind.
- Choose a simple and unique keyword that properly represents your business.
- Always follow all CTIA and compliance standards.
- Get creative when growing your list. Use social media, print materials, word of mouth, and more.
- Always include an offer, proper call to action and a limited redemption period in each message.
- Measure your success by tracking offer redemption, opt in, and churn rates.
- Provide an irresistible incentive, this will encourage and increase SMS marketing list opt ins.
When getting started with your first SMS marketing campaign, use this guide as a tool. Ready to tap into more valuable SMS marketing resources? Check out our SMS Marketing Advanced Guide.